Review: Park Hyatt Boat Transfer And Maldivian Dash 8 Kooddoo to Male

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

My Cathay Pacific flight from Male to Hong Kong was departing at 10PM, which I had informed the hotel of for the purposes of the transfer to Male Airport. Maldivian Airways, which operates the flights between Kooddoo (the closest airport to the resort) and Male only confirms schedules a day in advance, so the evening before my departure I was informed that I would be on a 6:20PM flight out of Kooddoo, which would get me to Male at 8PM. While I lucked out with a nonstop flight on the outbound, on the return I was stuck with a flight connecting in Kaadedhdhoo. The flight from Kooddoo to Kaadedhdhoo (try saying that five times fast!) was only about 35 miles, and then from there it would be a roughly 250 mile flight to Male. I was booked on a 6:15PM boat from the Park Hyatt, which would get me to Kooddoo Airport in time for my 6:20PM flight. The reason that "works" is because the Park Hyatt has created its own timezone to maximize daylight, so it's actually an hour ahead of Kooddoo Airport, even though it's just a couple of dozen miles away. So leaving the resort at 6:15PM is like leaving at 5:15PM Kooddoo time. The post Review: Park Hyatt Boat Transfer And Maldivian Dash 8 Kooddoo to Male appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...