Review: One World Observatory in New York

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 20, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

The metal still gleaming and the paint freshly dried a mere 13 days after its grand opening, I found myself at the observation deck known as the One World Observatory at One World Trade Center in New York, which is the tallest building in the western hemisphere and currently the fourth tallest building in the world. The last time I was on the observation deck of a building known as part of the World Trade Center — also known as the South Tower whose address was officially Two World Trade Center — was on September 12, 1998. That was one day shy of exactly three years before the horrific terrorist attacks brought both twin towers to their untimely demise on an ironically beautiful morning which will never be forgotten... I felt that I needed to explore the observation deck of the new tower. In my own quiet and defiant way, it was a part of my message — equivalent to showing seven fingers, which is a week’s worth of raising one middle finger — to any terrorist to back off of my country and the city where I was born and raised. Probably because it... The post Review: One World Observatory in New York appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...