Review Of JetBlue’s New Mint Class A321 Service

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Hi there, everyone. I’m a longtime reader of the blog, first time caller. I’m here to tell you about JetBlue Mint, which I flew this past weekend from LAX to JFK and back. JetBlue isn’t a legacy airline with a viable mileage program, alliance, or real elite recognition, so it’s not typically on Ben’s radar screen (nor, really, mine). But I’m a sucker for shiny new products, good marketing and the possibility of seeing a celebrity in-flight, so I thought Mint – at $599 each way, a hell of a deal – would be a glamorous way to get to New York for a very short weekend, especially since one leg would be a redeye. Now, as I have discovered, “glamorous” is not really a word that applies to our friends at JetBlue. Virgin America seems to have really tapped into that glamorous cross-country market, with planes that feel stylish, and a hipster crowd of cognoscenti in the front and in the back (true story: I once sat in the same row as Boy Meets World’s Ryder Strong... in coach!... on VA. If you consider TGIF castmembers to be glamorous. Which I do). Even Virgin’s giant white leather recliner seats in First feel different and sexy. JetBlue, on the other hand, has always prided itself on being the Airline of the People, the champion of the common man. The post Review Of JetBlue’s New Mint Class A321 Service appeared first on One Mile at a Time. Related StoriesReview: British Airways Concorde Room London HeathrowReview: British Airways First Class 747 New York To LondonReview: British Airways Concorde Room New York JFK

Continue reading...