Review: Marriott Wardman Park, Washington D.C.

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by NJUPINTHEAIR, Sep 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. NJUPINTHEAIR
    Original Member

NJUPINTHEAIR Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently had a one night stay at this property and was upgraded as a Platinum member to a Junior Suite type of room in the new tower.

This property is in NW DC near the Zoo and a metro stop on the red line and it is cavernous, often used for large conventions, as is the nearby Omni hotel.

The room I was in was renovated in a modern contemporary style and had an alcove dining table off the bedroom area with contemporary track lighting. The bathroom was clean and the room was nice and cool from a good A/C system.

I did not take part in the lounge offerings in the evening, but the morning breakfast was the usual yogurts, bacon, scrambled eggs, sliced turkey and bagels, etc. Cranberry and OJ were on offer. The only problem with the hotel, like all DC hotels, is that overnight parking is exhorbitant -- I think it is $38 plus tax.

All in all a solid property but it is not in the downtown area, although it is easily reachable via the metro.

2. Boraxo

Boraxo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love this property and have stayed here several times. The standard rooms are fine and generally quiet if you get one that's not facing Conn. Ave. The nice thing about the location is that there are plenty of restaurants nearby plus CVS, Starbucks, etc. unlike some downtown locations where shop closes up early (or is just closed on weekends). As noted above, it is a short ride downtown from the nearby metro station and a taxi is not pricey. A great choice for a weekend stay when downtown is pretty empty. You can sometimes find street parking on weekends as well if you pay attention to the various restrictions. The only downside is the long hallways - can be a long walk to your room, then to the lobby, then down the driveway to the metro (or alternatively an interminable elevator wait).

NJUPINTHEAIR likes this.