REVIEW: Marriott Tysons Corner (McLean, VA)

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by NJUPINTHEAIR, Sep 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

Original Member

NJUPINTHEAIR Silver Member

I had a one night stay here recently and it went well. As I hold Platinum status, the hotel upgraded me to a Jnr. Suite. It was a bit odd as the hotel rooms are small and the sitting area with flat screen TV and couch was right off and within sight of the bed with its own TV. Nevertheless, the extra space was appareciated. Although the hotel rooms are small, they are well appointed and the A/C rund cold if put down to the lowest setting -- I guess this is a benefit of a small hotel room.

The Concierge Lounge had scrambled eggs and bacon and also sliced turkey, as well as oatmeal and a self-grinding and brewing Starbucks machine, in addition to the ready to pour coffee carafes. I noticed that some of the offerings in the morning that week rotate with others so as to keep the offerings from getting boring -- e.g., Lox was offered on Wednesday morning of that week.

All in all, it was a fine stay at the hotel and it is equipped with fairly new exercise equipment and an indoor pool. The one negative is that they charge $6 for parking for what is essentialy a suburban location. They will tell you that it is to deter freeloaders who use their parking lot because the Silver Line metro station for Tysons Corner will open next year near to the hotel. Two points, one the station is not open now, and even so, those who are guests could get a rebate upon proof of occupancy. None of these mattered upon request for removal. I hate it when the hotel decides upon a revenue enhancement like this and much prefer to have them just build it into their rates.
    uggboy likes this.