1. Ohana42
    Original Member

Ohana42 Active Member

Status Points:
    Little Village Noodle House
    www.littlevillagehawaii.com
    1113 Smith St, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96817
    (808) 545-3008

This is my favorite place to get Chinese food in HNL. Little Village is located in HNL’s Chinatown. Now, repeat after me, "Honey Walnut Shrimp." Got it? Good. The Honey Walnut Shrimp are outstanding! The batter is light and crispy. The shrimp large, fresh and firm. The shrimp are not drowning in a heavy mayonaise sauce as it is with many other places. I’d crawl over hot coals for these shrimp! They’re that good. I've tried this recipe at many different restaurants, even in my own kitchen, and no one, not even I, come close. Everything I’ve tried is exceptional from the Egg-drop soup to the Singapore Rice Noodles to the Sizzling Black Cod. Don’t forget to leave room for dessert (I like the Sweet Black Sunday). The menu is broad so don’t be afraid to take even the pickiest of eaters in your group – there’s something for everyone.

Everything is made to order. Nothing sits in heating trays under lights here. Even during the dinner rush - I've never waited long for the food to arrive. However, the name isn't a misnomer - Little Village is little. With limited seating be prepared to wait if you go during peak times. FREE parking is located behind the building. There is also parking on the street. Both are scarce and can be tricky(very small parking lot). Best of all the prices are very reasonable. Entrées are $9-$16(unless you’re ordering the whole Peking Duck).

It’s Onolicious to say the least. Go. Eat. Enjoy!

Toula, viguera, Travelman and 2 others like this.
  2. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll enthusiastically second this review. The food is consistently excellent, plus it's never oily or greasy.

I'd also recommend the chicken almond spinach salad. Salad in a Chinese restaurant? When you taste this salad's orange dressing, you'll make this dish a 'must have' for every visit. And the lettuce wraps----YUM!

Travelman likes this.
  3. Travelman
    Original Member

Travelman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now I definitely have to make an extra effort to try it next time we are in town ... It was on our list to try out during our last visit but somehow we didn't get there ... The Honey Walnut Shrimp was on my list, now I will add the chicken almond spinach salad w/ orange dressing since we like all of those ingredients.

Mahalo for the recommendation :)

HiIslands likes this.
  4. Audy_KTUH

Audy_KTUH Silver Member

Status Points:
    You also shouldn't forget the Crispy Duck Bun or the Volcano Pork Chops.
    I recently met the executive chef of Merriman's (another great spot in Waimea on the Big Island) and he told me that Little Village was his favorite spot on Oahu.
    As a frequent downtown eater I have to say that this is probably the cleanest and friendliest Chinese establishment in Chinatown.

HiIslands likes this.
  5. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is one of my favourite HNL restuarants. Personally my favourite dish is the salt and pepper calamari, best I have ever had.

HiIslands likes this.