Review: KLM World Business Class 747 Los Angeles to Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Apr 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Ben's flown in KLM's new business class from Amsterdam to Chicago before, but KLM's business class was a new product for me and one I was very excited to try. KLM World Business Class passengers flying from LAX have access to the Korean Air Lounge at the spectacular Tom Bradley International Terminal. Ben's reviewed the lounge before, and there's nothing really worth recapping, except to say that while it's rather beautifully designed and outfitted, the catering at the KAL Lounge (basic snacks, tiny finger sandwiches, poorly stocked self-serve bar, Woodbridge-branded wines and, to Ben's horror, no champagne) seems straight out of an Alaska Airlines Board Room in Spokane. I'd suggest if you get to LAX early, you explore the shops and restaurants in the terminal rather than waste your time at the middling lounge. Boarding started about 25 minutes late for an unspecified reason, but once boarding began, we were directed into the nose of the 747. KLM's World Business Class occupies four rows on the lower deck, at the nose, and six additional rows comprising the entirety of the upper deck. However, the lower deck offers a few seats which are by themselves rather than two-by-two (1A, 4A, and 4E), which are the seats to select if you're able to choose them. The post Review: KLM World Business Class 747 Los Angeles to Amsterdam appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...