Review: Hyatt Santa Barbara

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 4, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    While the free anniversary night at a Category 1-4 hotel I get with the Chase Hyatt Visa is a great benefit (albeit not entirely free when you take the card's $75 annual fee into account), I find it both a blessing and a bit of a burden. Last year, for instance, I was able to redeem my free night at the Park Hyatt Siem Reap as part of my vacation to Southeast Asia. However, this year my travels kept me mainly in the Americas and Europe, where Category 1-4 Hyatts tend to be less "aspirational," and I recently found myself staring down a May 31 expiration date on my free night certificate with no set plans to use it. (As for next year's certificate, using that for a weekend in Seattle proved a challenge of its own.) Generally speaking, quick weekend getaways can be a fantastic use of the Hyatt anniversary night, particularly in California, where Category 4 hotels in road-trippable weekend destinations like Monterey, Santa Barbara, Anaheim and Sonoma Valley abound. (There are far fewer options on the East Coast, although there are Hyatt Places in Mystic, Connecticut and Dewey Beach, Delaware which could work in a pinch.) The post Review: Hyatt Santa Barbara appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...