Review: Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

While I've been to Hong Kong a bunch of times and have tried out many different hotels (including the Ritz Carlton Hong Kong, Conrad Hong Kong, Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Sha Tin, InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, InterContinental Hong Kong, Marriott SkyCity Hong Kong), I hadn't yet stayed at the Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui. While the Grand Hyatt is probably objectively better, it's also exponentially more expensive. The Hyatt Regency paid rate was quite reasonable for my dates, at ~$200USD per night. It’s a Category 4 Gold Passport property, making a free night redemption 15,000 points per night. That’s actually a pretty good deal since rates at this hotel can often be $350+ per night, but given the good rate I got, it didn’t seem worthwhile. Even Points + Cash would have cost 7,500 Gold Passport points plus $100 per night, so wasn’t as good of a deal to me as the paid rate. Anyway, upon landing we took a taxi to the hotel. In Hong Kong, generally if I'm traveling with someone I'll take a taxi, while if I'm traveling alone I'll take the Airport Express. That's because two tickets on the Airport Express are roughly the same cost as a taxi, and they don't require a transfer at Kowloon station. The post Review: Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...