Review: Hotel Pulitzer Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    After three nights at Hotel Des Indes in Den Haag, I took the train to Amsterdam for five nights at Hotel Putlizer. As I explained in the introduction post, rates were crazy expensive, as you’d expect in Amsterdam in summer. As much as I struggle with redeeming Starpoints (since I value them so highly so tend to be a hoarder), this was an absolute no brainer. The paid rate was 334EUR per night, so five nights would have cost me 1,670EUR. Instead I could redeem 12,000 Starpoints per night with the fifth night free, so it was like paying 9,600 Starpoints per night. At well over four cents per Starpoint, that was a redemption value I was quite happy with, especially since these are primarily points I accrued through the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express and Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express. The post Review: Hotel Pulitzer Amsterdam appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...