Review - Holiday Inn Heathrow Ariel

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by rwoman, Jan 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Holiday Inn Heathrow Ariel

I've stayed at this property many times and continue to return because of the hotel's location and good experiences.

For this stay, I got a great rate for four nights parking and a night in the hotel prior to my departure.

Check-in: The friendly reception staff immediately got me checked in and provided me with my room key.

PC Platinum Benefits:
    - This property is very good for Platinum upgrades. I was upgraded to an Executive Room.
    - The front desk also gave me the option of 500 PC points, a free drink, or snacks. It's a much appreciated gesture!

Room:
    For Europe, I think the rooms are a pretty good size.

The bed is comfortable and the pillows are so-so despite firm and soft options.

The shower is very good and there were a variety of toiletries. One thing to note, they do not have hair conditioner, so I suggest planning accordingly. There is a decent hair dryer.

The room had a minibar and coffee/tea service. Complimentary still and sparkling water is provided in the Executive Room. When I arrived there was only sparkling water; I asked the front desk for still when I had to go out to my car and they happily brought a bottle up along with a glass of ice and lemon.

Amenities:
    - They have a bar and restaurant, as well as room service available.
    - Wifi is available for a fee.
    - Airport shuttle - the Hotel Hoppa buses go to each terminal at LHR. It costs £4.50 each way. I recommend using the local city buses that operate in the Heathrow Free Zone (no charge) unless you have a lot of bags, are short on time, or leaving very early/late. The front desk can provide further direction - this was the first LHR hotel that told me about the local bus option several years ago and I almost always use it!

2. For the 49 quid a night I paid last week on a stopover in LHR I also think its great value.

rwoman and uggboy like this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree. I've seen rates as low as 34GBP before, as well.

Their Park and Stay rates tend to be pretty good, especially when over a weekend. Using them multiple times = further discounts. 2nd-5th stay is 10% off plus free breakfast or upgrade (pending availability); 6th-10th stay is 15% off plus 20% off food; 11th+ is 20% off. LINK

:)