Review - Holiday Inn Express, Seward, Alaska

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Slow_Mustang, Jun 24, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Overall: Good per general HI Express hotel standards

Rooms: Not luxurious, but fairly decent. Rooms on the rear face the marina and have a nice view. Some have a balcony too, which is of little use in the cold, windy and rainy weather.

Breakfast Area: Sizable with standard HI Express items. Their pre-made cheese omelettes is a better choice than the runny, barely cooked goo that was presented as scrambled eggs at the Venice Hilton lounge just a month ago. They have a one-touch pancake making machine too.

Miscellaneous: For cleaning, they have the policy of taking care of the rooms that the guests checked out of before attending to others. When we came back at 5:00 PM, the room was not made up yet. No problem, I did not get bent out of shape on that, even though it was a minor inconvenience. They don't provide early check-in, which is an inconvenience for the cruise passengers getting off the ship at Seward in the morning. The staff was friendly and helpful. The IHG points charged were the highest I have ever paid for a HI Express reward room. But, that I understand is based on the revenue generated by a hotel. This one seems to be quite busy with general tourists and the cruise passengers.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    uggboy and Newscience like this.