Review: Holiday Inn Express, Amsterdam Arena

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by tom911, Oct 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This property has only been open about six months and shares a building, and entrance, with a Holiday Inn. When you come in the front doors, you turn left to the elevator bank for the Holiday Inn Express and proceed to the 2nd floor for check-in. That same floor also houses a large breakfast room that probably seats 200, so plenty of open tables during my visit.

[​IMG]

It's a short walk from the Bijlmer Arena train station which had both Metro and intercity trains (separate entry gates and platforms) You can buy a day pass for Metro, which would give you easy access in about 15 mins to Amsterdam Central, for 7.5 euros from a ticket machine, or pay 50 cents more and buy it from agent at a window (limited daytime window hours). Passes for multiple days were less. The machines can be confusing because there are separate one for Netherlands Rail and Metro, and the Metro machines themselves are not well marked aside from some logos on them.

[​IMG]

Walk from the train station to the hotel on far left side of photo:

[​IMG]

I was given a very nice 14th floor corner room with an expansive view.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very reliable wi-fi except for one morning when the wet and windy remnants of Tropical Storm Gonzalo had a lot of us staying in the hotel versus venturing outside. Saw too many umbrellas being turned inside out in pouring rain and I did not have rain gear along, just an umbrella.

Breakfast consisted of an assortment of rolls and croissants, sliced meats, cheese, yogurt, fruit, assorted juices from a vending machine, as well as hot drinks from another vending machine.

My rate ranged from 93-110 euros a night with an average rate of 99 euros a night. City tax was charged on arrival of something less than 5 euros a night.

I would readily stay here again.

Efilon87, Newscience, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Photos of the Bijlmer Arena and Heineken Music Hall along the route to the hotel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lionell, Efilon87, Blue Skye and 2 others like this.
  3. danielwood

danielwood Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for sharing....

uggboy likes this.