Review - Holiday Inn - Boston - Beacon Hill

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by rwoman, Jan 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

Earlier this month, my sister and I met in Boston and stayed at the Beacon Hill property.

Location: The property is not far from the Bowdoin T Station, which is closed on the weekends. We walked from Government Center, which was a fairly easy walk.

There are many places nearby - a Whole Foods is next door, Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks are across the street. TD Garden, Boston Common, the North End, and many other places are within easy reach on foot.

I've read complaints about noise from the hospital across the street, but we had no issue.

Check In: Check in was pretty painless. The receptionist thanked me for my Plat PC status and provided us with room keys.

Platinum Benefits: I have yet to be upgraded as a Plat at any US property (most of my stays are in Europe). They did give us vouchers for the continental breakfast - we could have added the hot bar for about $4-5, but chose not to as the cold bar was sufficient.

Room: The room was spacious, but definitely dated. Beds and linens were comfortable and the bathroom amenities were good.

Facilities: This property has many conference rooms, a gym (did not use this trip), and a restaurant. We only visited the restaurant for breakfast.

Overall, my experience here was fine. The location is good and would motivate me to use this property again.

I'll post pictures later!

:)robin