Review Hilton Schiphol, The Netherlands

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by HiltonHotelFans, Oct 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. HiltonHotelFans

HiltonHotelFans Silver Member

Status Points:
    Deleted, goodbye fellows!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    Zomby Woof and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We liked our stay there, we love that they also provide pralines with our coffee in the Executive Lounge. Glad you've received an Alcove Suite. Very nice. Thanks.

3. Pierre48

Pierre48 Active Member

Status Points:
    I also like this airport hotel. Quick shuttle service from the terminal. Stayed on executive level but only had a short visit to the lounge. Rooms showing their age but comfortable.The breakfast is very good.
    Any news of opening date for the new Hilton? I was there earlier in the year and it looked a long way off.

uggboy likes this.
  4. HiltonHotelFans

HiltonHotelFans Silver Member

Status Points:
    The new building will replace the current Hilton Hotel and is expected to open for business in mid-2015. The existing Hilton Hotel will remain in use until the new hotel is completed.

The new Hilton Schiphol will accommodate 23 meeting rooms, a restaurant and bar, an executive lounge, a spa and gym, a large atrium that will include the lobby and a underground car park with 138 parking spaces. A covered walkway will connect the hotel directly to Schiphol’s international terminal. The new Hilton hotel will be given pride of place beside the terminal access road, opposite the location of the current Hilton hotel. The hotel will be a true icon for the airport.

Patrick Fitzgibbon, Senior Vice President Development, Europe & Africa, Hilton Worldwide: ‘With the new Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Hotel, the airport will offer an entirely new hotel experience that will be a destination in itself. Hilton Worldwide is growing strongly in the Netherlands.’

uggboy and ddekel like this.
  5. ddekel

ddekel Active Member

Status Points:
    Yep, the almost finished building looks promising.
    I will be happy to test it once it is open although I live in Amsterdam :)

uggboy likes this.
  6. SYD

SYD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed there a couple times but I've always walked to/from.

The new hotel is nearing completion and will always be a good option if staying in Amsterdam isn't practical. However, the Doubletree Centraal is only 15-20mins from Schiphol!

uggboy likes this.
  7. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think the new hotel is a welcome upgrade. I found the rooms (especially the odd carpet) to be a bit worn, and the gym to be pathetic. But the service was okay. Always got an executive room no other upgrade as a Diamond. The hotel restaurant is just odd -- Asian, European, etc. -- just odd.

SYD and uggboy like this.
  8. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems everyone wants to put odd decor in hotels. I like it as long as it's functional but sometimes it's just odd.