Review Hilton Rotterdam Netherlands

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by HiltonHotelFans, Oct 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. HiltonHotelFans

HiltonHotelFans Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hilton Rotterdam

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  2. HiltonHotelFans

Status Points:
    “Nice & Clean Hotel. Need some attention for Elite Members”
    This Hilton Hotel is one of my favorite Hilton Hotels to work. I spend a lot of time doing business and catching up work. The reason for this Hilton are the clean rooms, the nice staff, the good breakfast, their restaurant StadsHal and easy location downtown Rotterdam. As Hilton Diamond Member I always got a upgrade to junior-suite. The rooms are big with clean sheets and nice views. The only problem at this hotel is the Executive-lounge. This lounge is my base to work as Hilton Elite member but the last months I noticed a decline in service and quality. The lounge is full with leisure guests and families during the weekends and the atmosphere is not a Executive-lounge style but more a buffet restaurant with free wine, beer and soda's. Maybe my words are to strong but this weekend (Saturday 20 December) there was no room in the lounge. To much families with running children and no healthy food at all.
    I have made a complain for this at the reception and they said the lounge got a different theme in the weekend then during weekdays. Weekdays got a business theme.
    The Hilton Rotterdam is a nice hotel for Leisure guests during the weekend, the rates are low and the location is good. For business people its seems that their focus is now at weekdays.
    Wifi is free at their lobby and their breakfast is nice with live cooking and healthy foods.
    Extra: Compliment for restaurant member #Kevin. He is giving a 5-star service at their restaurant StadsHal and knows a lot of wines.
    Greetings HiltonHotelFans

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  3. HiltonHotelFans

Status Points:
    Update: General Manager has left this hotel. Reception told me that change is coming, no more welcome packages/bottle wine or fruit for diamonds members and standard simpel lounge snacks.
    Reason: They want to follow European Hilton Standards

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the update.:) They surely love "their Diamonds"....:eek:

5. HiltonHotelFans

Status Points:
    Karin van den Berg will be the new GM from February. She will start with some priority things like: Better ExecutiveLounge experience, Better guest Elite recognition at frontdesk, fresh products at lounge and breakfast, Better Diamond treatment and upgrades.
    I just had a interview with management at Hilton Rotterdam so things will be better.

uggboy likes this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good news, as long they do / can deliver on this announcement. Cheers.

7. HiltonHotelFans

Status Points:
    Update about breakfast at Hilton Rotterdam, fresh products are returning like Fresh Salmon, Bio-products.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]