Review: Hanna Orthodox Glatt Kosher Restaurant in Budapest

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Apr 13, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

After visiting the Dohány Street Synagogue in Budapest — the largest synagogue in Europe — I was hungry in Hungary. Knowing that there was a Hungarian influence on Jewish cuisine in New York, I wanted to have an authentic Kosher meal. It was the day before Erev Yom Kippur, which will have started at sundown the next day. The holiest day on the Jewish calendar which occurs ten days after Rosh Hashanah — the Jewish New Year — Yom Kippur is the day of atonement and repentance for the previous year. A significant part of that atonement is fasting — meaning that if I wanted some Kosher food, I had better get it that evening, as any restaurant which serves Kosher food would certainly be closed. Who would know better than a member of the staff of the synagogue as to where to eat? “Hanna”, he immediately replied. “I highly recommend it. It is only a few blocks from here.” He was quite specific about... The post Review: Hanna Orthodox Glatt Kosher Restaurant in Budapest appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...