Review: DoubleTree Centraal Station Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by IkeEsq, Sep 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

The DoubleTree was our first stop after disembarking from the Holland America ms Eurodam. We were on a 10-day Baltic cruise, after which we spent a day in Amsterdam, a day in Antwerp, and then flights back from BRU-JFK-DCA. All of the flights and hotels were free, except two rooms, one night at a Park Plaza in Berlin for 50K points a piece to complete our Club Carlson stays.

We used a Be My Guest certificate received at last year's Social Treasure Hunt in D.C. for a Queen Guest Room - (Booked at 177,45 Euros) and 35,000 points for a Twin Guest Room. Both my wife and I are Gold members. We arrived at the hotel a bit after 09:00 and were told our rooms were not ready, I know, shocking that three hours before checkout they didn't have everything ready for us. We were told to try back in about two hours, got four cookies, bought tickets for a one-hour canal tour from the concierge, and dumped our luggage off.

The Centraal Station is right across the road, about 5 minutes walk without luggage. After the canal cruise we returned around 11:00 and they upgraded the Award room to 838 Skyline Suite. Let me get this out of the way right now, THIS. ROOM. ROCKED!

It had a living area with couch, table, chairs, mini fridge, coffee maker, and 50" or so LCD TV controlled by an Apple device of some kind.

Then there was the bedroom with a Queen bed . . .

Did I mention the view from the bedroom?

Then there was the bathroom with shower stall, sink, toilet, and bath.

Oh, and perhaps I didn't mention the guest bathroom, with toilet and sink?

But the really amazing thing about this room was the view, day . . .

and night . . .

We were kinda hungry and wanted to enjoy this room as much as possible, so we ordered lunch, which was all good if a little pricey. Overall, this was a great hotel and this room was out of sight. I can't guarantee that others will get this kind of upgrade but we have had very good luck at Hilton properties.

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

We enjoyed our first trip to Amsterdam last year... and it was far too short. Would love to come back and check out the Hague as well as the Rotterdam area, too. Great write-up!
    uggboy and marcwint55 like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

But the really amazing thing about this room was the view, day . . .

Great view and good info about the hotel. We stayed at the Hilton several years ago and it was nice, but nowhere near the view that you had.
    uggboy likes this.