Review: Delta SkyClub Terminal 4 JFK Airport

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Apr 22, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

We landed in Terminal 1 at JFK, and surprisingly arrived to a nearly empty immigration hall. In fact, while there was almost no line at all for passport control, almost every one of the dozens of Global Entry kiosks was in use. I swiped my passport through Global Entry fairly quickly, though, only to end up in a line waiting for a customs agent to stamp our passports (a process which I don't recall having gone through before with Global Entry). In any event, I noticed some of the passengers without Global Entry getting through immigration before we did, which I thought was amusing. Transiting JFK is almost as good of an idea as transiting Charles de Gaulle (which is to say, it's not a very good idea), because after waiting in line at customs, and then again for the AirTrain to take me to Terminal 4, I then had to wait a good 15-20 minutes to get through security, even in the SkyPriority lane (since it appears international itineraries aren't eligible for TSA PreCheck, at least in my experience). Once through security, I headed toward the Delta SkyClub, which was located next to my gate, B33. I saw signs for a shuttle bus toward those gates, which I thought was odd. The post Review: Delta SkyClub Terminal 4 JFK Airport appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...