Review: Crowne Plaza Doha The Business Park

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Doha is a rapidly expanding hotel market, and nowadays they have a property from just about every luxury chain. While W Hotels perhaps don't fit in the "luxury" category, I really enjoyed my stay at the W Doha a couple of months ago. The only problem is that most of the nicer hotels are located in the Diplomatic Area of Doha, which is a 30-45 minute drive from Hamad International Airport, depending on traffic. However, the purpose of this stay was a bit different. I was landing from Cairo at 5:30PM, and departing for London the next morning at 7:55AM. I expected I wouldn't be out of the airport before 6PM, and wanted to be at the airport the next morning by 5AM, so that I had plenty of time to catch up on work before the inaugural Qatar Airways A380 flight. So my top priority was finding a hotel that was close to the airport. In looking at chain hotels, it seemed like the Crowne Plaza Doha and Marriott Doha were the two closest properties to Hamad International Airport. Neither are my preferred chains (I'm generally loyal to Hyatt and Starwood), though I am IHG Platinum, while I have no status with Marriott. The post Review: Crowne Plaza Doha The Business Park appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...