Review: Country Inn Sunnyvale, CA

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Maximizer, Jul 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm at this hotel right now, sitting by the pool while the kids are taking a nap :cool: This is our second stay at this property, this time without any status. This hotel is 20 miles from my house. I've grown to like local stays thanks to the Club Carlson promos. The kids love it as it has all the attributes of a vacation without boring/exhausting travel.

I think this hotel is a good value overall, with the free breakfast and a heated pool. It is probably priced at the low end around here (judging from cost of living, I am not really familiar with local hotel prices per se). It is in an office park, nothing is walkable from the property... except a small park with a good playground. Great America amusement park is a short drive away.

I called at 10:30am and asked if we could check in early, around 11:30. They said no problem, they will work it out with housekeeping. The room was ready when we came, check-in was very quick. Last time they also let us check out as late as 3pm (we had Silver status then).

They have a large sign out front that WiFi now works throughout the hotel. The sign wasn't there a few weeks ago, and we didn't try the wifi then, but I can report now that it works really well in the room and by the pool. We were watching high quality video on YouTube with no problems.

We have a junior suite, like the last time. It is not large, but functional, with plenty of large drawers for storage, a small fridge and a microwave, two TVs. It has a separate living room with french doors between it and the bedroom. The doors aren't tight and don't close shut, but it's better than nothing. Walls are thin, you can hear people laughing in the hallway.

The pool is heated, but fairly small and does not have a large staircase where kids could sit and play on. So if you have very small children you pretty much have to be in the water with them. There are three separate men at the pool right now (Sat afternoon), I wonder if any of them are locals staying for points, just like me :) There is also a European couple, their 4-yo son is sitting/walking around naked. I think that's totally fine, but you don't see this a lot on the US :) Wonder if they picked this place because CC properties are more common in Europe.

Last time, the free breakfast buffet had a good spread for a such a basic property, the hot water for tea was actually hot.

We are definitely coming back for the next promotion! :D

Camino Cielo, flyingdawg and uggboy like this.