Review: At The Top, Burj Khalifa in Dubai — and Why You Should Avoid the Premium Experience

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 21, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Until the Kingdom Tower in Jeddah in Saudi Arabia surpasses it prior to its expected completion in 2018 and grand opening in 2019, Burj Khalifa is currently the tallest building in the world; and as I was in the United Arab Emirates, I thought I would give it a try and explore the observation deck... ...but there are two experiences: one which involves going to Level 124 for that observation deck known as At The Top, Burj Khalifa; and the other where you can visit the observation deck on Level 148 — currently the highest observation deck in the world — via a premium experience. There is one issue, which is the major price differential between the two experiences: access to the observation deck on Level 124 can cost as little as 125 United Arab Emirates dirhams; whereas the ticket price to visit the observation deck on Level 148 will set you back as much as 500 United Arab Emirates dirhams. In other words, the ticket prices are approximately $34.00 and $136.00 respectively. Ouch. All right — for the sake of informing you, I decided to go against my better judgement and splurge... The post Review: At The Top, Burj Khalifa in Dubai — and Why You Should Avoid the Premium Experience appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...