Review: Andaz Liverpool Street London

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I decided to take the Gatwick Express train from Gatwick Airport to London's Victoria Station, so as I left the airport I purchased a one-way ticket for £19.90. It's worth pointing out that both Gatwick Express and regional Southern Railway local trains depart from the Gatwick rail station, all going to London. Don't make the mistake that I did of paying for a Gatwick Express ticket and accidentally boarding the local train that takes the slow route to Victoria Station. :) Victoria Station was an absolute cluster, and the line to purchase a ticket on the Tube was thirty deep, so I decided to try my luck at Uber instead. Pretty instantly, an Uber X car showed up and dropped me off at the front door of the Andaz Liverpool Street in 20 minutes. It goes without saying London is a very expensive city, and that black cabs are famously pricey, and even Tube tickets are ~$3.50 a pop. I had no idea how much my Uber was going to cost, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover it was just a little over £10, or $15 -- which became, for me, a game changer as far as getting around London is concerned. London is generally a tremendously inconvenient city, so Uber "fixed" one of its major flaws for me. The post Review: Andaz Liverpool Street London appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...