Review: Air France Business Class 777 Paris to New York JFK

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Apr 21, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Initially, I was scheduled to fly from Paris directly to Los Angeles on their afternoon 777-200ER leaving at 1:50PM and arriving at 4:30PM (with a corresponding earlier connecting flight from Madrid), one of two nonstops Air France typically runs between the cities each day. However, in January I checked my itinerary online to discover that my flight had been cancelled, and I'd been reassigned to the morning flight on the A380; however, they hadn't rebooked me on my Madrid to Paris leg and the itinerary was a misconnect. I didn't particularly want to leave Madrid at the crack of dawn to make a 10:30AM CDG departure, especially on such a short getaway, so I called Air France/KLM/Delta's Atlanta sales office to review my options. After looking online at seat maps, I'd discovered that AF 10 between Paris and New York was scheduled to be on one of the newly outfitted 777-200 planes with reverse herringbone-style business class. Although it wasn't the most convenient routing, it would allow me to take a later flight from Madrid, try out Air France's much-beloved new product, and then test out Delta's new transcon business class product, DeltaOne, between JFK and LAX. The post Review: Air France Business Class 777 Paris to New York JFK appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...