Revenue ticket search frustration

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by TravelerRob, Oct 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll admit I stopped flying Delta 1.5 years ago after I started missing very easy upgrades and after some customer unfriendly policies were put in place. Sure, all airlines are going through changes and I fled to United. I maintain DM status on Delta through rollover and by being rebooked during oversells from CO, and sometimes UA.

Tonight I'm searching for a revenue ticket on DL because I have a voucher I'd like to use. How anyone uses this website is beyond me. It's a very frustrating experience.

I search for SEA -> NYC and put in specific dates. I get a search results screen back which correctly states "Outbound: SEA -> NYC". In the flight list below it lists many flight options which have a small yellow indicator telling me which airport it arrives in. So far so good.

After selecting an outbound flight I am presented with a screen that says "Return: EWR -> SEA". No, it's not EWR->SEA it's NYC -> SEA. I even uncheck the Newark, NJ airport option on the left and that message stays there even though all EWR returns are seemingly removed from the list.

But here's my real gripe: nowhere on the screen does it tell me what airport the flight leaves from without having to click for more details. WTF is that? I can see all flights go to SEA (in yellow highlighted text) and I can even see in bold font where the flights connect, e.g. DTW, MSP, etc. But nowhere does it say right on the page that the flight is departing from JFK, LGA, EWR or SWF.

DL does have an industry-leading IT team but they have gone 10,000 years backwards with their flashy and useless revenue ticket booking process - not to mention their awful award calendar that everyone else complains about.

And I can't stand the mouse hover-overs for pulling up upgrade eligibility or seeing seat maps. DL, bring back the easy to read, easy to understand, relevant information on one screen *without* having to click everywhere to see it.

<Semi rant over>

-Rob

2. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are you saying that DL.COM is

[​IMG] BEST IN CLASS [​IMG] :?

3. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, this is even more interesting. I'm playing around with flights for the holidays and did a one-way search for NYC->SEA. Guess what? On the one-way search results page it shows the departing airport (JFK, LGA, EWR, etc.) in small yellow text next to the departure time.

Why is this not displayed when doing a round trip search?????

-RM

4. Stils

Stils Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just use kayak. DL's search for flights is bad.

USAF_Pride and DiverDave like this.
  5. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    "Bad." You're in a charitable mood today. :D

RTS has it right.

David

Stils likes this.