returning to read thread after posting a response

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by MSPeconomist, Feb 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know this was mentioned earlier and someone claimed that it it "fixed" but I can't seem to return to where I was in a thread after posting a response. For the record, I'm using Windows XP on a PC with Chrome (pretty new to me, so I'm not an expert on its features) as my browser.

After posting, I see the "more posts--display them" and click on it. It sends me to the top of the page after the page on which the message to which I was responding appeared. If I then go "back" on my browser, it sends me back to the page before the page on which the message to which I was responding had appeared. The best solution that I've been able to figure out is to click on "more posts--display them?", note the page number of the thread, click on the previous page number in the thread, and then manually scroll down until I find the message to which I was replying. It feels like I'm expending more effort than should be necessary to do the intuitive step of returning to where I was in the thread. Of course, multi-quotes are even worse.

loadera likes this.
  2. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't experienced the problem (FireFox here) but thought I'd chime in with an idea for a shorter work-around until the problem is resolved. After you post, you'll see your new post pop-up. At the very right of your handle is a light blue arrow (light blue but darker than the rest of the blue) - click on it and it will take you back to the post you replied to.

ETA: Sometimes a picture is worth many words

going back to location of original post.jpg

Freddie Listo, Mikel and MSPeconomist like this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow. Thanks. I never noticed the little arrow.

4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have found (I think) that also when I come back into the forum anew it takes me to the last unread post which is really where I left off just before posting the reply.

Mikel likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    For me, it's been implicitly assuming that I read the entire page before posting the reply when, of course, I have only read through the message to which I am responding.