Restaurant recommendation in Louisville?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by riverchica, Sep 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    Headed to Louisville this weekend. Will be staying downtown and looking for somewhere for dinner Sunday night either downtown or in the Bardstown area. First time in Louisville so I appreciate the advice!

2. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haha. Many,many,many moons ago, I was a little hillbilly growing up in Louisville.:cool:
    I'm only going to offer two suggestions, and I ate at the orginial restaurants way back when.
    One suggestion is KingFish Restaurants. I like the location just across the river in Jeffersonville, IN. Google them.
    The other suggestion is the famous "Hot Brown" at the Brown Hotel. I believe it is still on the menu for lunch at the cafe, and for dinner at the grille. Look them up online and remember reservations.
    Enjoy!

Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. ACEDAD
    Original Member

ACEDAD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recommend the Marketplace restaurant downtown on 4th street. Very enjoyable.

4. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    We'll be staying near the Marketplace Restaurant so perhaps I'll check it out! Any other suggestions?

5. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had a terrific time at Proof in 21c. The food was delicious and reasonably priced and I enjoyed the 21c exhibit of Cuban art.
    Also had some yummy ice cream and chocolate chess pie on Bardstown Road!

6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    2soonold and ACMM like this.