Resources in the UK or Europe?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by flywrite, Oct 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. flywrite

flywrite Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi all, I just signed up today. Lots of great info on here, but I've been wondering for a while if there are any blogs or experts out there on FF programmes from a UK or European perspective?

I hardly see any mileage runs or offers mentioned from this side of the pond, and I'd love to be on the ball to make the most of them for my BMI and Flying Blue memberships.

Thanks

Kevincm, lwkatya, rwoman and 2 others like this.
  2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cannot help with your inquiry but wanted to wish you a great welcome to MP! :)

rwoman, lwkatya and cennas like this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    flywrite,

Welcome to MP! I am a UK-based MP'er.

In general, I'll take a look at skyscanner.net to get a idea about fares between LON and various cities. I also watch the mileage run fares -- UK cities come up once in a while. For SkyTeam bookings (as a DL DM), I primarily use delta.com, airfrance.co.uk, and klm.co.uk to watch fares. For oneworld (I'm plat with AA), I use the AA and BA websites. From the UK it requires a lot of watching fares and plugging them into the websites.

Good luck!

robin

cennas and lwkatya like this.
  5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP flywrite!

rwoman and lwkatya like this.
  6. flywrite

flywrite Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the tips guys, appreciate it. Looking forward to being a part of MP!

Kevincm and rwoman like this.
  7. Kevincm
    Original Member

Kevincm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi flywrite! (and thanks jimgotkp)

Yup, I write GhettoIFE.com and I've moved from Blogger to Boarding Area, and I'm blogging as fast as I can without overflowing the Boarding Area servers ;)

I'll be updating a lot of my writings that I made in the past (For example, the outlook on Credit Cards and Bonuses is a very different picture in the UK than the USA), which Frequent Flyer scheme is almost worthless (Hint: it's FlyBe), and also examining ways of dodging some annoying taxes, as well as my writings and trip reports.

And a big dose of my sense of bad humour ;) (and you can follow me on Twitter too @GhettoIFE )

</plug> ;)

drdubs likes this.
  8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Let me join the others in welcoming you to MP. While there are lots of US posters, we've got flyers from all over. You'll certainly find something to keep your interest. :)

rwoman and Kevincm like this.