Resizing images - is this new?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I just noticed that when you embed an image in a post, either with the "insert/edit image" (insert from a URL) button or the "upload a file" button, the image comes in with resizing handles. You can size it up or down proportionally using the corner handles, or squeeze/stretch it with the handles in the middle of the top/bottom/side edges. Upload an image, click once on it, and the handles appear. (they are the small squares at the corners and sides of the photo in this screen capture).

Is this new? I don't recall seeing it yesterday.
    edit to add: I see from an earlier posting by Kiwi and a note from Kalboz that it isn't new, but it's a great feature. Also, as you resize, a little window shows you the pixel size of the picture.
    [​IMG]

ACMM likes this.
  2. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    It isn't new.

3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I was playing with the image resize- I inserted an oversized image, sized it small, but when I post it, the photo appears at the full standard post window display size, not the scaled down size.

The image was 900 px wider, I sized it to about 500 px wide, but then it displays at 780 px wide.

4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I played with this a bit and found that if the originally posted image is quite large, then in a quote I could scale it down somewhat, but not as small as I wanted. So same experience here I guess ( I just did not measure ).