Reservation without immediate ticketing?

Discussion in 'bmi | Diamond Club' started by cockpitvisit, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it possible to make a reservation with BMI DC without ticketing it immediately (similar to the way it works with M&M)? I would be flying LH/LX. Thanks!

2. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    To answer my own question, I could get them to hold the reservation for 24 hours.

philcape and SQguy like this.
  3. I'm amazed - for years they refused to do this.

Mind you, they were so painfully slow at getting itineraries ticketed, that 24 hours was a safe bet in most cases anyhow. ;) Of course, in the last 6-9 months, they have become PDQ.

4. troyliu
    Original Member

troyliu Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am surprised, the longest time they were willing to hold for me is 5 hours

5. philcape
    Original Member

philcape Silver Member

Status Points:
    A
    And just to be clear: "them" is the ICC?

6. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know exactly what ICC stands for, but "them" are the people answering the phone number +44 (0)1332 648768 (listed on the bmi website as DC contact).

And I can confirm the reservation still existed when I called to ticket 23 hours after making it.

7. philcape
    Original Member

philcape Silver Member

Status Points:
    ICC = Indian Call Centre
    aka those (insert your own unmentionable epithet) in Pune [​IMG]

8. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not that good at distinguishing accents, but I am certain they were not british!

9. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you call the US based BMI phone number and asked to be transferred to the Diamond Club svc center in the UK, they will connect you to them and not the ICC (I told them that I had trouble communicating my needs to the ICC reps after several attempts). Since then, anytime I redeem or have questions re: my DC acct, I go this route and get outstanding service. I recall on a previous booking, GRR-KRK returning VIE-GRR for this may, the ICC in india told me 2 wrong things. One, could not book itinerary if it involved arriving in 1 zone (KRK) and departing on the return leg from another (VIE) and 2. No Z availability on Swiss (LX) on the return. A call to the UK based DC team proved ICC wrong on both counts. It cost me a few more miles to arrive in KRK and depart VIE for the return, but was possible, and there was Z availability on LX (VIE-ZRH-ORD).

Last week redeemed in "Z" GRR-FCO for me and mrs. 744 and had it done in 15 minutes and ticketed in 2 hrs. George (BMI rep in UK) offered to hold reservation 24hrs if I needed to sort out particulars, but was not necessary. Had email from "checkmytrip.com" 2hrs after booking with e-ticket # etc. He did need to call me 20 minutes later after the initial booking to give me the taxes for the itinerary.

Many have suggested to call back a few minutes or hrs later if you did not like the information you heard on your first inquiry!!

Another way is to email diamond.club@flybmi.com and request availability for your desired itinerary. By beginning the request via email, you will also be communicating with someone in the UK, and through your emails, can arrange to call that person directly once they figure out if your itinerary request is possible. Most helpful are Andrew and George from my past experiences.

philcape likes this.
  10. TuxTraveller
    Original Member

TuxTraveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow is it just me or are the ICC somehow getting better?

I've never been able to hold my reservation for 24 hours...

Though I've had very good experiences lately, I even got a nice friendly male pune agent that offered to call me back while he retyped the bookings and confirmed the taxes (I misspelt the lastname of my friend travelling with me).. he called me back 5-10 mins later ready with the bookings and taxes.. that was exceptionally quick and more importantly the taxes were exactly in line with ITA :)

11. The ICC are getting better - there really is no doubt about it. If you were around a few years ago...[​IMG]