Research on Hotel Loyalty Programs

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by swiss_manuel, Apr 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. swiss_manuel

swiss_manuel New Member

Status Points:
    Hello everyone

I am currently conducting a research on hotel loyalty programs within the scope of my Bachelor-thesis at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences in Switzerland. In my thesis, I try to assess whether non-monetary benefits of loyalty programs might have an influence on the purchasing decisions a consumer makes. For instance, some non-monetary benefits that are discussed would be the feeling of exclusivity of being part of a high tier in a loyalty program, or just the enjoyment people get from collecting points.

A survey has been prepared in order to collect some data which will be used in my thesis, and I would be grateful for anyone who wants to take part in it. It takes less than 5 minutes to complete the survey and it is completely anonymous.

While some questions of the survey apply to any kind of loyalty program, a focus is set on loyalty programs of hotels. This is why this survey is intended primarily for members of hotel loyalty programs.

Here is the link to the survey: <<SURVEY ENDED>>

Thank you for your participation!

Manuel

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I usually find these more compelling when the substantive questions come first, followed by the contextual questions and lastly by the demographics. That gets me engaged with the topic before I'm asked to share more "personal" information. I also prefer when the demographic questions are optional - do you really expect demographics to be significant predictors?

3. swiss_manuel

swiss_manuel New Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for your feedback, I do appreciate it. While demographics are not the focal point of the research, they might reveal interesting connections when analyzing the results, and therefore provide unforeseen topics of discussion, as well as ideas for further research.

4. swiss_manuel

swiss_manuel New Member

Status Points:
    It has been a week so far. I will still leave the survey operational for another few days in case you still want to take part in the survey. With a few more participations, this is going to be great, as you are directly contributing to the success of my thesis.
    Thanks again.

5. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Completed.

6. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Threw my 2 cents into the mix.

7. dotgirl

dotgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did it. Went super fast.

8. swiss_manuel

swiss_manuel New Member

Status Points:
    I just wanted to inform you that the data collecting phase has finished after two weeks and I would like to thank everyone who has participated.