Requets for Missing Flight Credit to CO OnePass

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by JLSocks, Aug 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a quick question, as I'm not familiar with CO processes like I am with UA. When submitting a request to CO for missing partner flight credit, what is a reasonable amount of time to wait for the credits to finally post before calling CO to check in with them for a stauts? Also, if submitting such a request with the applicable support via email, does CO send an email response letting you know they've received the request? Thanks

gobluetwo likes this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They usually request at least a minimum of 15 Days from the date of the flight to Mileage Crediting, that having been said...It's a safe assumption for 2-3 weeks.

3. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok...thanks. I already waited 20 days to contact them the first time via the phone with the relevant details. Over a month later, nothing happened and I finally submitted the written request via email so am hopeful they'll actually credit me the miles this time...especially since it's a large chunk of them.

4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mind if I ask what the routing was? and I'd call them again if you wanted to since it's been a month + 20 days...

5. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was JNB to LHR in business.

Oddly enough, late this afternoon I finally got an email telling me that they've received my request and it's been directed for review and research. I will likely call again tomorrow or Monday now that I have a tracking number for it.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  6. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    It seems pretty complicated. I had called and the CSR said she "emailed herself" the information, and will submit it on the 15th day to have it run manually. Why does it seem like there's been an uptick in the amount of flights not capturing?

7. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is crazy, 5 days pass and finally I got a ticket ID for my email to them about missing miles, on a flight they sell, and their codeshare(colgan)

8. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is crazy. I've historically never had issues with miles posting properly to UA, and on the off chance they don't you can submit it online rather than having to scan and send in all the info to CO.

9. bdraco

bdraco Silver Member

Status Points:
    Call the CO Elite desk and ask to be transferred to the OPSC. You can avoid the long hold (most of the time).

10. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, had to call the OPSC again this morning because I received an email saying the flight credit was denied because SA couldn't find us on the manifest. So, now it's being resubmitted again. It is extremely frustrating to hear a CO agent tell me there's nothing they can do to give me credit if SA denies it again.

11. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the same email this morning. How frustrating. Outrageous. I got the same exact canned information.
    I emailed with a second copy of boarding pass and ereceipt

12. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is somewhat outrageous. What more proof do they want us to provide? We're following the rules as set in place and providing proof that we purchased the flights in a valid, miles earning fare and proof that we actually took the flight. So if the partner carrier, for whatever reason refuses to acknowledge the request or continues to deny it, we just have to sit back and accept it because CO won't make the executive decision to properly give us the credit?

demkr likes this.
  13. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    You know what I did today? After weeks of dealing with CO's waffling, I swallowed the dbeqm and elite bonus and posted them to my lonely MP account. Took under 5 seconds online on United vs a month of excuses from CO.

14. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I might end up doing the same thing soon if after this attempt CO comes back and says they still say they can't give me credit. This time around, the agent is trying to get credit by submitting the info using the SA e-ticket number at the bottom of the boarding pass rather than the UA ticket number from my reservation.

At least in my experience, UA seems much more helpful in trying to get flights credited instead of the "I'm sorry, there's nothing else I can do." I'll just be pissed off I'm not getting the 50% EQM bonus by it going to my MP account and not the OP account; though I suppose 5500 miles is better than no miles at all.

15. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is one area CO really fails IMO. I also have an ORC request into the OnePass service center. I emailed them on a Sunday and only on Friday did I get an email saying they have my request and they sent me a tracking ID. No clue how long it will take them to come back to me with any human response of approved/denied and why.

With DL this is all handled over the phone - only sometimes they actually requested you to fax info in. If you fax it in the miles are usually credited by the next day.

This process is absurd on CO.

-RM

JLSocks likes this.
  16. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    It took them almost a week to reply to my email with all the necessary documentation, and also provided me with a tracking ID. A few days after that, I received an email saying the request was denied. I then called in and the agent said the tracking ID was useless and she resubmitted the request.

It is absolutely absurd how they handle it compared to others. If they have the proof, just credit us the miles. Why all this back and forth nonsense?

17. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got off the phone with CO OnePass service center again. Now the 4th contact I've had with OnePass for my missing mileage credit. Once again, I received the same answer that SA can't locate me and my companion on the flight manifest and are denying credit. This time, however, I was told by the representative that if they deny it again, then CO won't be able to submit another request and that CO won't credit me the missing miles.

What type of BS is that? I've done everything right on my end and provided them with all the proof they need, and yet they're taking the stance there's nothing they can do. I hope this is not a sign of what to expect from the combined airline program.

18. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    I now have had 2 flights in a month this occurring vs *never* once occurring 5 1/2 years with AA. What the heck is wrong with Continental?

19. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    I finally got credit sometime last week.

20. emajy
    Original Member

emajy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am having trouble getting credit for a UA flt from SLC to ORD on my CO account. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

21. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why can't Continental fix their obvious issues with crediting UA flights?

22. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Congrats! Based on the conversations I've been having with the oh so friendly OPSC, I'm not expecting them to give me credit for my SA flight at all after the now 4th request for credit. At that point, I will need some advice on how to get credit and what the best channel is to go through.

23. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm having the opposite problem, with flights on CO metal not showing up in my UA account. (I know I know, lifetime miles and all that). In any case, it's been 3 and 4 days since those flights and nothing has shown up yet in my MP account. I also have flights from July on LX that are not showing up in my OP account. I've requested it once so far and they haven't responded. Forgot about it until I saw this thread. Will have to call or resubmit. I won't be too torn up if they don't credit it, though, as it was just a short ZRH-CDG-ZRH jaunt, but it's the principal of the thing.

24. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    On flight #3, I'm still waiting from a response from onepass@coair that my email was even received (been 6 days). Roll eyes

25. bdraco

bdraco Silver Member

Status Points: