Requesting missing partner miles

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by DeacFlyer1, May 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's been a couple years since I've had to request missing miles from a partner *A flight, but it looks like US has upgraded their capabilities and now allows you to request missing partner miles on their website (the last time I did it, I seem to remember you could only request miles from missing US flights online, and for partner flights, had to mail in your Boarding Pass and ticket receipt).

Has anyone had experience submitting a request for missing partner miles online? Did it take "up to 24 days" like they say it might? What was the timeframe? Has a request ever been denied?

Just curious to hear how this goes.

2. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    For the partners that are purely onlne requests, like UA (or at least I think they processed my most recent UA request purely online) it's pretty quick, less than a week. There are still a fair number of partners, though, where you need to mail or fax in all your documentation. VS, NZ, 9W, HA and JK come to mind although there are probably others. I have never had a request denied but it was close, once; this was before you could do it online (I think this happened about 8 months ago) and at issue was UA's mobile boarding passes. If you don't copy out the barcode, you're kinda sunk; the links they give you only work for 24 hours or something like that. Not sure if US could verify my travel without the BP or just let me slide but I had to press a bit when asked for a BP.

3. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I requested my miles about 12 hours ago, and just checked my account for a different reason, and to my surprise the miles are already there! This new system sure beats the heck out of the old mail-in-your-BP procedure...

4. jakub7
    Original Member

jakub7 Active Member

Status Points:
    I'd requested TK miles in February sending the scanned boarding passes by email and it took about 7 weeks to see them in my account. Good to hear about the possibility of requesting miles online.

5. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    VS take forever to credit after they get the BP's too. It's consistently several weeks.

6. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My under 12-hour experience was with submitting missing miles from a UA flight, so that probably factored into why it was so fast.