Requesting mileage credit from partner flights?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by cotter77, Sep 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    anyone ever try to request mileage credit from partner flights?
    per website:
    If mileage credit has not been recorded on your SkyMiles statement within 90 days after qualifying activity occurs, contact the partner directly.

so first wait 3 months, then dont even bother DL, go call the other skyteam member and see what they will do for you....total BS

bottom line i guess is MAKE DAMN sure your DL skymiles number is on that partners ticket before you travel!

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you're at least partially misreading/misrepresenting the policy, combined with Delta's normal state of contradicting itself. The credit request form is the first thing that I can find a link for, the other Terms and Conditions appear to require a bit more clicking. I read it as wait at least 7 days to request credit, and if on a DL ticket you can just submit the number as a first crack at it. Otherwise you might need to send in a copy of your ticket, and if that doesn't work with Delta, pester the operating carrier.

Honestly it just looks like Delta is confused about its own policy.

Airline Mileage Credit Request Form

Most flights will be posted to your account within 24 hours of the flight however, some partner airline flights may take up to 7 days to post. If your flights are not credited to your account after 7 days, use this form to request your mileage credit.
    You must submit your mileage credit request within nine months of the date of your flight. Any mileage request that is beyond 9 months will not be considered. Retroactive credit will be given for flights taken no more than 30 days prior to enrollment into the SkyMiles® program.
    Enter the first 13 digits of your ticket number and your SkyMiles account number. Your 13-digit ticket number can be found on your e-Ticket Receipt or ticket (If your ticket number is 14 digits, please omit the last digit). If Delta is unable to locate your ticket information, you will be prompted to complete the online mileage request form.
    All requests for mileage credit are subject to verification and approval by Delta Air Lines.

Account Discrepancies

You are responsible for verifying that mileage for qualifying activity is credited to your account. All account discrepancies must be reported in writing within nine months of date of activity. Delta is not responsible for the delivery of incoming correspondence. Verbal notification is not accepted. You should maintain copies of tickets/ticket receipts and boarding pass(es) for your records until proper credit appears in your SkyMiles statement.
    If mileage credit for a qualifying Delta or Delta Connection® flight or qualifying partner activity is not recorded on your statement within 90 days (30 days for Delta/Delta Connection or Northwest Airlines), please follow these procedures:
    For Delta and Delta Connection you can request mileage credit online. For our airline partners, send a copy of your airline ticket/ticket receipt and boarding pass(es) to:
    Delta Air Lines, Inc.,
    SkyMiles Service Center
    Dept. 654
    P.O. Box 20532
    Atlanta, GA 30320-2532
    or fax: 404-773-1945

Altered or illegible documents will not be accepted. Alteration of documents or other attempts to obtain mileage credit to which the member is not entitled are prohibited.

For car, hotel, and miscellaneous partner activity:
    If mileage credit has not been recorded on your SkyMiles statement within 90 days after qualifying activity occurs, contact the partner directly.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  3. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you keep the boarding passes, you can just fax the boarding passes and the purchase receipt to 404-773-1945. No need to wait 90 days either.

If you don't have the boarding passes, then good luck...I'm getting the runaround right now on flights where I didn't keep the boarding pass because the record already had my Skymiles number...it was even printed on the boarding pass. My wife got credit, but I did not, and it is a pain. Neither Delta nor the partner recognized the ticket number I had, though it might be easier if your ticket number is recognized. I was able to get a printout from the partner airline's system showing that I actually flew on the flight and what class I flew, but I still haven't been able to get the magic combination of information to Delta.

FWIW, I don't believe it to be much easier on other airlines. I have done this dance with AA and EK. With AA, I gave the ticket number over the phone and waited 30 days for a response. They requested the boarding passes, which I had kept for this reason. After another couple months, I got my answer. With EK, I took the boarding passes to the ticket counter while I was at the airport. After a few months, I called to check, and they had no record of anything. They asked for the agent's name who processed the mileage request, which I did not have. Eventually they agreed to take a photocopy of the boarding passes since I had submitted the originals to the ticket counter. A few weeks later and the miles posted.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Though an extreme measure, if you come to a dead end on getting miles you are rightfully due (because of alliance partners' inability to communicate among themselves), you could dispute the credit card charge for the flight in question. I threatened to do this once (didn't actually have to go through with it), and the operating/marketing carrier ultimately produced some sort of system print out which showed each segment of my journey as flown and I successfully used that with the carrier that I wanted to get the points on.

The alliances really make this the pax's problem...which it shouldn't be.

Lessons:
    1) Save your boarding passes till you see the points credit.
    2) If you don't see the points post within a week or two, lodge a request for points with the carrier you want the points on.

rwoman likes this.
  5. KVS Tool

KVS Tool Z Representative

Status Points:
    Actually, what you have quoted is the procedure for non-airline partners [only]:

travelinmike33 likes this.
  6. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, not exactly related to skypesos, but see signature...

7. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree Skypesos and ST has issues...however, even with flying on partners, I've never had this issue...especially once the lower patner fares began earning Skymiles. I've always kept my BP's and followed up to ensure I got credit. Seems like it is OBVIOUS one should keep copies of BP's until mileage is posted...I do this regardless of which carrier/alliance I'm flying on.

A friend and I flew LHR-CDG-LHR last week on the same PNR - both of my flights credited but one of hers did not. A phone call along with the ticket number quickly resolved the issue.

8. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lesson learned about always keeping boarding passes. I flew MU, MH, and CZ on this trip. The MU booking already had my Skymiles number so didn't bother to keep those, but MH and CZ miles posted quickly after I sent the boarding passes.