requesting ideas for BOS-OTP

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by tesebas, Feb 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Well, long story short - I am looking to fly BOS-OTP or JFK-OTP mid-May and having a hard time believing the taxes that I need to pay on BA using miles (I have 160K). So I need advice from seasoned flyers on how to make use of my miles and pay the least $$$. Thanks in advance. Gene

2. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    The fees/charges are what they are on BA. You will keep them down to a minimum by not having a stopover in LHR in either direction. It does not appear that IB or AY fly to OTP, so you are stuck with BA.

3. Can I break the flight in 2 separate flights? Is there no option here? Bummer...

4. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure that would save you anything. Breaking it into BOS/JFK-LHR and then LHR-OTP would cost you more, as you would then be hit with the Air Passenger Duty in LHR.

5. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Redeem IB from JFK/MIA-MAD. But, by the time you've paid for your positioning flights, you won't save anything compared with BA's rapacious taxes and fees.

Wellllllcome to Avoisssss.... if another airline hadn't already claimed the title, they'd be *best in class*