Requalified DM? Check your SC expiration

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by MSPeconomist, Mar 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I initially tried to enter a SC this morning, the dragon tried to tell me that my SC membership had expired yesterday. Note that the boarding pass that I printed yesterday said Diamond Elite Plus SkyClub but it would not scan properly. When they investigated further, the agents could easily see that I had requalified as DM long ago but my SC expiration date shows February 29, 2012, which is what I see on my current membership card or in the SC portion of delta.dumb as it tries to sell me a membership now. However, don't worry as the description of 2012 DM benefits clearly includes SC memberships.

At the DTW South SC, the theory currently is that my purchase of five gift day passes in December 2010 did something strange to my account. There's no question of access via two AmEx cards if necessary, but I obviously want to straighten this out before traveling overseas and before being caught in IROPs. It seems to be a very strange glitch. In MSP earlier today, there was even talk of whether I was the first DM that had been seen this morning and how many others might be affected.

jbcarioca, techguru and rwoman like this.
  2. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received an updated SC membership card last year after I passed 125K MQMs. It added a year to my existing membership.

I had paid for several years' worth of membership, so my expiration is out into 2017. Plus I added a year last year, as I had $200 in airline fee credit from my Plat Amex to use and picked up a few MQMs with that renewal offer. Effectively for $100, I got a year of SC membership and some MQMs.

David

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the reminder. I had not received a new SC card but dl.dumb shows my membership as expiring in July 2013.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. chaz4449

chaz4449 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dumb question. What is delta.dumb?

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delta.dumb is what we refer to as the "enhanced", oh so better than NWA's, website that we currently are stuck with.

jbcarioca, desamo and chaz4449 like this.
  6. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is interesting, When I qualified for DM at the end of 2011, I got a skyclub card with a 2014 expiration date.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    My SC card is the one that was sent to me when the DM program began. I've never been sent a new one and I did not have a paid membership before then, unless one counts a long time ago, probably around 1990, although it was attached to my same DL FF number, the one I use now and AFAIK the only DL account I've ever had. I guess I should check whether my MQMs as an initial charter DM should have given me DM and hence SC through February 2012, which might explain where my expiration date initially came from, but surely DL should have updated it before today.

ADDED. In retrospect it was fun today to look at dragons and say that of course I requalified for DM, have them check my MQMs on the computer, and look at me with amazement and new respect. Of course, it would have been less fun if I didn't know that I had at least two alternative ways of accessing SCs so that getting in the door was just not going to be an issue.

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. TheMadBrewer
    Original Member

TheMadBrewer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another silly question -- where on delta.dumb do you see your SC expiration date? I had 2.5 years left on a 3 year membership when I reached Diamondness, but haven't gotten a new card since.

jbcarioca and rwoman like this.
  9. cliburn
    Original Member

cliburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received a second card last year which expires 12/20/13 (originally I had one thru 2/12)....
    not sure of the logic or the hows and whys.... I have never been a member outside of the Diamond Elite status level.

jbcarioca and ryandc99 like this.
  10. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    TheMadBrewer and jbcarioca like this.
  11. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine says Oct 2013 very odd considering I'm diamond till 2015....

jbcarioca likes this.
  12. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just checked mine. I lost DM and dropped to Gold, and my SC membership expired too. There it is! It should have happened this way and it did.

13. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Assuming they continue rollover…

14. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I checked this morning and it seems to be fixed, now showing an expiration date of February 28, 2013. I think this is thanks to the wonderful DTW dragon who was still working on it when I left for my flight.

Now if DL will just send me the new SC card, I'll be all set.

DeltaExpert and ryandc99 like this.
  15. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where do you verify when your membership expires?

Edit: I figured out where to find this information. This is what the website says.

Current Membership Expiration Date:
    May 07, 2015

Considering I only had about 130MQM last year, have never paid for a SC Membership, I am really confused.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  16. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Update. I received the following reply from DL, presumably as the result of intervention from the very nice and helpful DTW dragon.

"After reviewing your account, you should have no problems from here on out. It looks as if you were traveling as the system was updating....."

One might ask why they did not do any updates to my SC expiration date during the last year and a half or so, since whenever I earned DM for 2012. Also, does DL assume that no one travels on March 1. Do they think they're UA/CO?

DiverDave, ryandc99 and DeltaExpert like this.
  17. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bah. It's Delta IT Fail #4598098761.

David

USAF_Pride and MSPeconomist like this.
  18. cliburn
    Original Member

cliburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just received a new Skyclub card in the mail TODAY. Jan 2016 expiration.

I just hit 125k MQM (thank you rollover) to requalify for DE status though Feb 14. Not sure why the Skyclub card runs 23 months longer.

19. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like you got a year more than me! Something really odd is up with their system, but we should keep this one quiet.

20. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have gotten a SC extension of greater than a year at least once at DM renewal, maybe twice. The first time there was a thread on FT about it, and I eventually got a letter from Delta noting the error. The letter said that the new date would stand. :cool:

David

21. TheMadBrewer
    Original Member

TheMadBrewer Silver Member

Status Points:
  22. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    For me, sigh, still no new SC yet card, but thankfully it hasn't been an issue on my travels. I would be more anxious if I were going someplace where I know I really need the card or of the SC membership would give me additional guest privileges, just in case I need to get more people in with me sometime.

rwoman likes this.
  23. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    No new SC card for me either...and I requaled last October...

24. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just pulled out my (expired) SC card...sent DL an email asking if they plan to send another one...:cool:

25. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I requalified in about January of last year.

rwoman likes this.