Report your Marriott/RC stays

Discussion in 'SMD5 (Star MegaDO #5)' started by tommy777, Aug 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Folks,

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to keep track of stays and report back so we can keep track on how the competition is doing. Status will be updated for everyone very soon, I've already have my Gold status through the RC credit card and could also get it through 1K

Stayed last weekend at the RC Marina Del Rey. bitched a little bit at check in that I have not gotten a good upgrade at the place for a long time and the check in agent upgraded us to a Marina suite. Nice welcome letter and recognition, free internet, but that's pretty much it.

Best airport hotel in America, very decent prices for a RC.

mtlfire likes this.
  2. freqtrvlr

freqtrvlr Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just checked into the Marriott San Francisco Airport. Or at least tried to, but the room isn't ready. I did get invited to the managers reception tonight in the club with upgraded food offerings and a hosted bar. Marriott should be happy with me since I'm only home 3 nights in the next 3 weeks and the stays are all booked at their properties.

mo26, mtlfire and tommy777 like this.
  3. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Checked into the Quebec City Marriott this week. First. Time. Ever. at a Marriott. But since I already hit Hilton diamond, lets try something new. Good location, nice rooms, no pool or spa. Employees were beyond nice and friendly.

Tommy threatened to move into a Marriott in the other thread. I'm unfortunately on a cruise for a portion of the contest so can't match that. So I've decided to just get bigger rooms, eat more, and drink more than him. :cool: I even had to pay $12.95 a night for internet as status hasn't posted yet, so at least I'm ahead on that!

It does look like freqtrvlr could also give us a run for our money though. :D

tommy777, freqtrvlr and bigx0 like this.
  4. skuldyie

skuldyie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Marriott Portland City Center - 1 night Aug 11. Got there early (~10 am) and they had a free room. Good location, nice room.

tommy777 likes this.
  5. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hit silver status on my own waiting for platinum to post. About 13 nights on the account and way to much money spent. On the agenda next week, some more time at the Quebec City Marriott, the new Marriott at YUL and then the Ritz Carlton in San Juan. Will be my first RC stay, but I've booked a few for the coming weeks.

freqtrvlr likes this.
  6. BuckleandBoots

BuckleandBoots Silver Member

Status Points:
    Make sure to do your homework before booking a stay at a Courtyard to prevent surprises about the limited plat benefits.

7. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:

My platinum status still hasn't posted to I'm get no benefits anywhere lol

8. freqtrvlr

freqtrvlr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Tonight I checked into the Renaissance Charlotte Suites and was upgraded to the Presidential Suite. Thank you Marriott!

Actually I hit the trifecta today: Flew on the new American Airbus 319 today (and got the upgrade), rental car upgraded to a Camaro SS and now the Suite. I hope I didn't use up all my travel luck in one day :).

theBOAT and mtlfire like this.
  9. freqtrvlr

freqtrvlr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another thank you to Marriott for the upgrade last night at the Miami Airport Marriott to the Presidential Suite again. I've been Platinum for two years and the most I've gotten before this for upgrades is a room on the club floor. Has their involvement in this DO made the difference? Time to stop asking questions and enjoy!

mtlfire likes this.
  10. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Moved over to the Copenhagen Marriott on Saturday (after the Nordic Do). Now we are talking about a real hotel. Very nice Concierge Lounge on the top floor overlooking the river. With free beer and wine for 4 hours in the evening.

As nice as the Radisson Blu folks were to us at the Scandanavia Blu Copenhagen, the Marriott tops it. Better location, nicer, larger rooms and bathrooms, great views, Concierge Lounge, etc. Radission has some upgrading to do, if they want to be more competitive in the USA market.

11. Shera

Shera Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed at the Courtyard, Isla Verde, San Juan PR couple of weeks ago. Fabulous property. Great staff and very good upgrade and welcome gift. No complaints.

12. GlobeTrotter1

GlobeTrotter1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ritz Carlton South Beach

I decided to take a staycation with a group of friends. We received an unexpected but greatly appreciated 3 room category upgrade and the staff was on top of their game!

I think Marriott's offer of Platinum Status was extremely generous and it's great to have them as a sponsor. I just wish the loyalty program between Marriott and Ritz Carlton was more reciprocal because with Marriott's huge footprint and Ritz Carlton's flagship properties it could really be something amazing.

mtlfire and jetsetr like this.