Report your aisle selection / experience

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by tommy777, Dec 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Folks,

I thought it might be helpful to post on selections and experience with Executive aisle / Emerald aisles at various locations.

I'll start with my rentals the last two months:

LAX: Two rentals in November, one in October. Plenty of nice selections. Found Volvo XC70s and S60s in the Executive aisle. There was also plenty of SUVs (various GMCs, Tahoes, Grand Cherokees) in the Executive aisle.

I took a XC70 on the October rental and S60s for both November rentals. Great selection, even if the return at LAX can be a zoo.

SFO: The WORST selection I've ever seen since I started renting from National. I've had 3 rentals the last 2 months and the "best car I've had was a Hyundai Sonata with Sat. Last weekend, the best I could find in the Executive aisle was a Camry and a base Durango. Not a single car with sat. I asked the manager and he told me I could take a luxury, which according to SFO is those new Buicks, Lincolns and 300Ms not a single Cadillac or any imported car. Took one of those new Buicks

MSP: Busy location, but always something nice. If it's not on display, they'll get you what you want. Last week I found a Ford Edge Limited with leather, nav, sync and sat. The week before, a Grand Cherokee with sat.

FLL: Infiniti G37, GMC Denali and Toyota Sequoia in the Executive aisle + a bunch of other interesting stuff. A lady jumped on the Inifiniti a head of me, asked if they had more, they told me they did, it'd be around 15 mins, was in a hurry so I ended up in the Sequoia.

MIA: Pretty late when we got in, aisle was pretty much empty. I asked what they had, they offered me a 2 door Cadillac CTS.

DEN: Always good SUVs there, sometimes they hide them, but if you ask, you'll get one. Last 3 rentals was 2x Grand Cherokee and 1x t roof Jeep Wrangler ! :)

I'll keep updating. Please join me! :)

2. Andrew72681

Andrew72681 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My experience is usually pretty good.
    This week was a Ford Expedition in the executive selection at CLT
    Last week was a Chevy Tahoe in the executive selection at CLT

3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree, however to keep from having to search through this thread (which I would expect will become quite lengthy) or you being a nice guy & keeping post #1 up to date with all the airports/locations, I'd suggest simply starting new threads that have EASY to search titles listing the airport code AND the city, such as

Chicago ORD Cars

TOTB has most of their thread titles listed as: "Cars at DCA" which is fine if you know the airport codes but I like to think I'm not that much of a geek where I fill my limited mental faculty with airport codes.

4. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Yeah, I like your idea, my thought was we probably need to grow a little more for the threads to be good enough, but hey, I'll start some threads this weekend

5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    as will I

6. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    and, yep, I agree that packing everything into one thread will soon be unwieldy.
    Over the last three months @ ATL, off the Executive Aisle I've picked an Equinox(the overall best of my bunch), a Traverse(most impressive looking), a Lucerne(most luxurious), and a Charger(most fun to drive).:)

7. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was at ATL last night to pick up my holiday rental (I rent a car to drive home to see family, my car is about as unfriendly for roadtrips as they get) and it was packed with cars. They pretty much had everything. I like the redesign of the aisle and the employees were much more helpful than normal.

I had a short list of what I wanted so I walked around until I found it. Ended up with a 2012 Volvo S60 with 5K miles.

8. Andrew72681

Andrew72681 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This time in Charlotte is a charger with 2k miles. Lots of minivans and small SUVs in the executive selection.

9. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last week in LAS, Executive was brand new Altimas, some Chevy, or a variety of SUVs (I prefer sedans for work trips so wasn't attentive). PHX was the same.

This week PHX had a low-mile Maxima with sunroof and power throughout as well as the usual stuff. Will see what LAS has on offer tomorrow.

10. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last weekend in JAX - small location but nice staff. I'm EE and they told me to pick anything I wanted from the lot. I ended up with a Saab 9-5.

There were a few of Impalas on the lot, a Mustang convertible and a Cadillac DTS, which is far too large for me, in the premium area. I had the Saab before and liked the way it drove and the MPG is pretty good. Drove it all weekend, to Daytona and back and didn't even use half a tank... and the tank isn't terribly large. So I was happy.

11. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome back to LAS. The Executive Selection choices for today are a few low-mileage Altimas, a bunch of decaying malibus, two white Camrys that require black socks and sandals to drive and the strangest assortment of minivans and pick-ups.

Blue Altima it is then...

12. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Camrys seem to be showing up more frequently these days...

13. mustang183

mustang183 Silver Member

Status Points:
    FLL today and both Exec & Emerald were littered with Impala's, Altima's, 200's and the occasional Camry.
    I waited for the rush to die down and up pulls a new Explorer and a 300! I grabbed the Explorer as soon as it was parked.

I guess I'm getting spoiled with Exec selection lately as I was in GEG (Spokane) last week and was stuck in an Impala and hated every second of it!!

14. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Denver last week. A HUGE selection of nice stuff. (300s, Avalons, Chargers, Genesis) Took a Maxima with 9 (!!) miles on it.

Omaha last week. No aisle, but I could pretty much choose what I wanted. Left with an Escalade.

15. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    an idea, start a "Cars in Denver DEN" or "Cars in Omaha OMA" thread, so folks don't have to weed through a thread with multiple airports listed as opposed to a single airport thread.

16. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Do you "guys" want me to create a "sticky" that indexes the reports like I did for TOBB?

Sweet Willie likes this.
  17. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    great idea, yes! (with full titles please, for instance this thread: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/yyz-executive-aisle.25791/ doesn't mention in the title Toronto, I'm sure some folks know all the airport codes but many don't)

18. peteropny
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Ok - I'll work on it - the "directory" will have full titles - but thread titles cannot be changed here on milepoint (at least not by us). FWIW, the "directory" on TOBB has full titles also but the thread titles do not just the airport codes.

19. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks peteropny !

I acutally knew titles can not be changed on milepoint which is a very very poor decision

God forbid someone change the title of a thread to make it more infomative/helpful:rolleyes:
    -

20. peteropny
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It's a software function - I know that they are working on that capability in the future.

21. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    CVG: Chrysler 300 in Exec Aisle

bna_based likes this.
  22. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    OGG: All Chevy's and Sonatas. Nothing special so I ended up paying to upgrade to their brand new 16-mile Camaro Convertible.

2soonold likes this.
  23. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    PHX: Tues 6 Mar 8 p.m. Emerald Aisle (not Executive) - got a Chevy Traverse LT SUV with 34 miles on it! I kept fiddling with the trip odometer thinking the 34 was probably the trip reading, not the total -- but it was the total! At the hotel now -- it's up to 39 :)

24. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    BOS a week ago Tuesday around 5pm. Several Altimas, some hyundais, few chevys, lucerne, and about 8 different SUVs. oh and a jeep wrangler. was about to settle on lucerne when a black Avalon came rolling up. :) 4k miles and xm radio. roof. wood grain, leather. loved it. needed some better tires, tho. noticed some slip a few times when gunning it on 190

25. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    SFO: March 10 at 1:00 pm. Lots of Chevy Malibus, One Nissan, One Camry. Chose a low mileage 'Bu. It was fine for the two days.