Report: BA's LHR T5 Arrivals Lounge

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by NYBanker, Dec 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew BA into London earlier this week and made use of their arrivals lounge. Here is my report. Lots of pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sobore, TheBeerHunter, Toula and 2 others like this.
  2. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing!

3. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's a brilliant facility.

TheBeerHunter and Globaliser like this.
  4. FlyIce

FlyIce Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree, even if shower cabins are a little too small.

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  5. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does the T5 arrivals lounge have anywhere that one might be able to catch a nap?

6. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are a couple of comfy chairs opposite the spa, and I think there is some soft bench seating in the reading/TV area, but I don't think I've noticed anything you could really lie down on. The spa has its own waiting area with soft seating, and it's a little darker than the rest of the lounge, so that might be another possibility although I can't remember how much of that seating has backs.

7. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Guess I'll find out tomorrow morning!

8. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice report!!!

9. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    So in the end, we didn't spend more time than necessary here, it was just too crowded and noisy. It is nice for what it is (an arrivals lounge) but don't plan on spending lots of time here.

I took a bath in one of the cabanas (a GIGANTIC bathtub) and then we made our way over to T3 to the Terraces F lounge. Much quieter. OT, but none of the OW lounge options at T3 really offers up anywhere to sleep. I managed to get a couple hours balled up at the AA FL, and another bit at the BA F lounge on one of the oversized chairs (after contorting myself). There is a little couch at the back of the CX F Lounge that I could've slept on if it wasn't occupied. Otherwise, OW fliers at T3 don't have much choice for sleeping in lounges. There is a No. 1 Priority Pass lounge upstairs from the BA one that has sleeping rooms, 20/30 pounds per hour for a single/double room. Almost did that, I was desperate. But in the end the couple hours I managed (plus several showers) was enough.

10. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    So did you arrive at LHR in First? I think that the intended idea is that you sleep on the aircraft rather than in the lounge ;) - although I know why some passengers might not actually do that.

11. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes, we arrived in F. And while I did sleep some on the flight from NY, that's not a very long flight to begin with, and I've actually been traveling since Tuesday night having taken a red eye from CA to NY. So I haven't gotten much sleep in a few days. And I want to try to stay up as much as possible on my next flight too...cuz I am one of those people :)

12. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can understand that. Maybe the answer would have been to sleep in a nice warm bath? While we still have water in London - it's fast running out, as you may have heard. :D

Primula likes this.
  13. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes the lounge is not intended for people to hang about in for very long although the wife and I once spent 3 hours there once while waiting for our car hire pick-up time to arrive. We have always found it a nice way to relax after a long flight especially the seating area on the way to the showers. One can notice the difference between the arrivals lounge and the airside lounges straight away. Most people are on a mission to grab a shower and a bite to eat as quickly as possible before rushing out. I find it very interesting to watch their behaviour.