Reply with quote in iOS app doesn't include post number

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Microwave, Oct 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Microwave
    Original Member

Microwave Silver Member

Status Points:
    When replying to someone's post using the iOS app, the QUOTE command is leaving out the post number, so the person being quoted doesn't get an Alert telling him or her that there's been a quoted reply. It also doesn't add the link to the quoted post.

For example, if I go to this thread in my regular desktop browser and click "Reply" to the first post, my reply begins with the following code:

Code:
    [quote="DestinationDavid, post: 880611"]
    But when I do the same thing on the iOS app on my iPad, my reply begins with this code instead:

Code:
    [quote="DestinationDavid"]
    This means that, if he is relying on getting an Alert for having been quoted, DestinationDavid will never know that I had quoted him. Is there any way to have the iOS app updated such that, when users click the "Quote" button, the post being quoted is included in the quotation, as per the first code snipped above?

lin821 likes this.
  2. Microwave
    Original Member

Microwave Silver Member

Status Points:
    This issue is still present, and is very annoying. I keep getting quoted without being alerted to it.
    Any chance it could be fixed any time soon?

lin821 likes this.
  3. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    I have submitted a feature request with the iOS/Android app developer. I'll let you know if I hear anything about this being added to the app. Thanks.

lin821 and Microwave like this.