Replacement plastic

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by kellio, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Amex for overnighting a new card to me while out of town :) They make it so easy.

2. dinosims

dinosims Active Member

Status Points:
    Although not quite the same thing, I've found that I've received new Amex cards much more quickly than from any other bank. Kudos to their shipping dept!

3. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most of the time it's so easy - they've even offered to ship cards for early morning delivery when I was getting a replacement or additional card.

4. sleepyintheair
    Original Member

sleepyintheair Silver Member

Status Points:
    Likewise, I was impressed when I found myself suddenly separated from my wallet in London. Called amex, visa (both Canada based, AmEx was a credit card in that case), and a local UK bank about debit / master card replacement one right after another. American express had a new card drop shipped from somewhere in England & I had it the next morning. Visa was couriered TATL and showed up a few days later, the local debit card trailed in a week or so after that.

Something I remember whenever Amex annoys me for some reason!

5. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    Several years back, they delivered a replacement to me at my hotel in San Francisco by courier before the day was over.

6. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to admit I work for the company. Years ago when we actually had plastic on site I've driven to cardmembers homes in PHX to deliver in an emergency.

MissBurrill likes this.