Repeating Emails of Award Itin?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by bk3day, Jan 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am holding 2 one way award itins, both on CX metal using BA (pre Avios) miles.

I keep receiving emails of my outbound itin from BA. As far as I can tell no changes were made to the itin.

Still, it strikes me odd, especially that the same email keeps coming while none have been received for the inbound award?

Are these emails the norm for BA or does it point to some issue that I have yet to uncover?

TIA

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call BA and ask?

3. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had the same thing on my one way tickets lately which are not BA but LAN thought it was due to partner booking. I've logged into my BA account to check the reservation and it's ok otherwise I would call.

YULtide likes this.
  4. aaucello

aaucello Silver Member

Status Points:
    same here from BA in for CX tix... reservation seems fine though

YULtide likes this.
  5. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    Given the limited hours of the BA Award desk & the somewhat lengthy phone holds, before calling I was hoping to have an idea of what, if any, issue others may know exists.

As you know, when speaking to any airline's rep, it's always better to ask a specific question, rather than just having them look at your ressie & ask, "is it ok"? ;)

6. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes the change can be so small it can be quite hard to notice.....even a minute or two change in departure or arrival times can generate these emails.
    Make sure your cabin class hasn't been changed....seems CX are stopping operating F on some routes.

7. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bingo. I've received 3 e mails for my LAN trip booked with BA. Just a minute or 2 adjustment.