REP to PNH, is a flight possible?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Muerl, Oct 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I have an upcoming trip, and by upcoming I mean I land in REP on the 7th, but I wanted to know if it would be possible to avoid the long bus or boat trip between the two cities.

Googling has proved pretty fruitless, with the best option being that I should call a local travel agent to arrange a trip. I know that 3k flies the route, but it seems they will only sell you the ticket if you are continuing to SIN. Google claims that "Cambodian Angkor Air" (k6) flies the route, but their website crashes and there seems to be talk on TOBB that you can only buy the ticket from a local travel agent.

Has anyone flow this or have advice on flying this route?

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    8M( Myanmar Airways), 3K( Jetstar) and MI (SilkAir) all fly the route according to Expert Flyer, with A320's
    8M W, Sa
    3K Su, T, Th (they do have rights, it seems, to sell the tickets but maybe they want the through pax to SIN if they can get them)
    MI Tu, TH

3. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    MI like 3K seems to only want to send me via SIN, they actually recommended REP->PNH->SIN->PNH of all routes.

8M would only fly me to Yangon from either spot.

Thanks for checking EF for me.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
    A few years ago, I hired a car for something like US$50. The trip takes around 4 hours.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I drove it myself a long time ago. I took about 3hrs PNH-REP and roughly 4hr REP-PNH. On the return I was going on busy Monday morning. I doubt the taxi would be too much more expensive now. The bus is cheaper but slower and less comfortable.

savydog likes this.
  6. RedTape
    Original Member

RedTape Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just recently flew K6 from PNH to REP. I also had issues with booking from here. You can either wait until you get to Cambodia, or do what I did. A Milepoint member living in PNH referred me to a travel agent in PP, who booked the ticket, and I sent the fare to the other member. Worked perfectly, though I still owe him a few beers as we were unable to meet up in PP.

7. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wound up booking the flight through my guest house in REP. It saved me alot of time, and felt worth it.

8. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
  9. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I'm thirsty for those beers! ;)