Rent a Car under 25 y/o

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by npombo, May 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. npombo

npombo Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi all!

I have a question, I need to rent a car next weekend at MIA from saturday at 3am (that my flight arrives) to Sunday at 6pm that my flight departs. I'm 24 years old and so I know there is an under age charge (bad luck, I will be 25 in June).

Do you guys know which company to rent a car will be the cheapest one, having in mind that it needs to be at the airport (MIA) and that is open 24hrs, my flight arrives 2:15am.

I also don't want to deal with all this stuff they start adding with insurance's and additional charge's, what do you guys recommend me to pay, my Master Card credit card covers something but I don't know what is it. So what is what you really need to pay to be safe in the road, but not paying all the extras they offer you.

Thanks in advance for your help.

jbcarioca and marcwint55 like this.
  2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hertz rents to 24 year olds. The daily charge is $20 for most of the cars. I don't believe any 'extra' insurance is mandatory. ( I use my Amex, so not sure about MC) Have fun in Miami.

jbcarioca and marcwint55 like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

Welcome to Milepoint. You can probably find some good deals on Kayak.com. I think ACO is one of the cheapest rental agencies, but they do charge $20.00 per day under age 25.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. npombo

npombo Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your answer. I found a good deal with E-Z rent a car and also I asked my bank for a rent a car insurance coverage letter and they just send me one with all the coverage.

marcwint55 and jbcarioca like this.
  5. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can also use Priceline's name your price feature. The rate that they accept there is your final daily rate with no charges added (since you already specified your age when you make the 'bid')

http://www.priceline.com/customerse...0a464a200a20140516003608cbb021638459&plf=PCLN

npombo likes this.
  6. jakem4800

jakem4800 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I pulled this off without a fee via Alamo on Hotwire all the time. Hotwire has set rates and you prepay the reservation. When you show up do not go to an agent, go to the kiosk. You will be on your way with no additional bs.

npombo likes this.
  7. npombo

npombo Active Member

Status Points:
    That sounds good! But I don't know if all airports have kiosks? I think FLL for example, doesn't use kiosks, only counters.

I already did my trip to Miami and finally I didn't rent a car, I sourt it out with a friend who lives there.

Thanks anyway.