Renew Gold W/ Points

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by mo26, Sep 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone know what the usual rate is to renew your gold status on points, and whether that is a regular offer year after year?

Thanks!

Kalboz likes this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    mo26 likes this.
  3. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks

Kalboz likes this.
  4. rookie10

rookie10 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another option is to get the Chase RC visa. 50k sign on plus 200 in airline incidentals each year. Has a hefty yearly fee, but gives you gold the first year then spend 10k to maintain.

Kalboz and mo26 like this.
  5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    It shows as an expired offer.

From above link:"This offer is valid through April 2, 2012 and allows only one level of buyback, which must match the Elite level you enjoyed in 2011"

Kalboz likes this.
  6. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another option is to let your gold runs out and take a gold challenge to bring you back up to gold.

Kalboz likes this.
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    My error ... should checked before posting! :(

A challange is allowed every 15 months ... I'd ask for a Platinum one this time around :)

TAHKUCT and rookie10 like this.
  8. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought it's every 12 months, do you know if the rule has changed regarding Gold/Plat challenge? I saw in another forum that you have to be Gold in order to do Plat challenge.

Thanks in advance!

Kalboz likes this.
  9. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was told by a Marriott Rewards representative that challanges allowed once every 15 months. Further, you don't have to be Gold to get Platinum challange. You may send a secured email to Marriott Rewards requesting Platinum challenge and outlining your current status with other programs and how many revenue nights you will be moving to Marriott and you will get it, hopefully. I know of persons who had 0 lifetime nights with Marriott and used this method to obtain Platinum ... but as in everything else in life, YMMV! :)

10. ConsultingChris

ConsultingChris Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is my goal next year. I am going to wait until my current airlines CC churn is done in early 2013 then get the Hilton card that provides gold. Once that has gone through I will ask for a status challenge. Depending on what my travel schedule looks like, I will have to figure out if I want to ask for Gold or Platinum.

Kalboz likes this.
  11. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks!

I think we might get Mr. Nacho to run for Plat challenge once his Gold status runs out.

Kalboz likes this.
  12. Ugogirl

Ugogirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I made Platinum in 2010 for 2011 with credit card nights and rollover nights. they renewed me at Platinum the next year (this year) even though had only gold level of nights. I was surprised and pleased. Just got an email offering to extend my platinum if i stay 20 nights between Oct and Dec 31. There is no way i can make it. Is this negotiable to get another year of platinum? Should i just try for plat challenge after this year ends?

Kalboz likes this.
  13. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Try it, but don't start until Feb because if you do that too early you will only get Plat until Feb 2014.

Kalboz likes this.