Renaissance Zurich Tower: Aug 2013 mini TR

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by nldogbert, Aug 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. nldogbert

nldogbert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just came back from a weekend stay at this property:

First impression: Very modern and trendy hotel both exterior and interior. Very friendly staff.

Location: This is the downside of this property if you are in Zurich for leisure. It is basically in the middle of an industrial and residential area with lots of different companies around. There are some apartments next to the building.
    Luckily there is a tram stop (as other posters have indicated) about 5-10 mins walk. Close to the hotel is an Ibis Budget and Novotel (which I noticed a lot of tourist staying too). I am not sure how long or frequent the tram service is as I was with a car. [Parking seems to be free if you can get parking in front of the hotel]

Rooms: Very nice and spacious rooms. [I was not upgraded, but did get a high floor]. I had a room with quite a nice 180 deg view. Nice to see the trains go by and in the distance some mountains.

Bathroom/Toilets: Separate bath and toilet space. The bathroom opens into the room, but you can close it with the sliding doors. To me this was a nice concept. Toiletries provided are from a brand known as 'Tokyo milk', never heard of it, but seems to be a big thing. I like the smell and the design does add to the trendiness of the hotel.

Lounge: Currently the lounge is closed for full service for the summer break, will open if I remember correctly 11 Aug evening. However, in place of this was given a 40 CHF perday value to be used at the bar for F&B. For my 2 days, I received 80 CHF, which you can also include the tips into this value. In my opinion, big [​IMG] to the hotel on this point. However at the same time, the lounge was open for self service and in the evenings, they still placed Red and white wines out. Beers seems to be available throughout the day. This has been one of the most generous property that I have been too. Very impressed with this. (No, I did not use all the 80 CHF, just used it on 1 evening and gave a tip of 10 CHF). Breakfast is offered in the Equinox restaurant instead of the lounge.

Breakfast: Very good spread. I had breakfast actually included in my rate (should have booked the rate without and save back some $$ [​IMG]). But very good spread and friendly efficient staff.

Wifi: As other posters have mentioned, this can be another sour point. Signal was rather weak when you stay far from the entrance. It improves as you are closer to the corridor. I was however able to do what I needed with the signal I had. The signal in the lounge is much better.

All in all, am very happy with my stay despite the location. If I have to go back, I will surely pick this location is the prices are reasonable. I think the main advantage is the space and because the hotel is new. I had some friends traveling with me and they booked the Crowne Plaza (on the opposite site of the bridge) and rooms were small and place was old. Made them rather jealous of my place [​IMG]
    Cheers!
    Building facade
    [​IMG]
    Cocktail at bar ViVo at the terrace
    [​IMG]

2. nldogbert

nldogbert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Room with double bed (walk in shower/tub is behind the brown sliding doors - can be opened)
    [​IMG]
    Looking into the floor to wall windows
    [​IMG]
    Lounge
    [​IMG]

3. nldogbert

nldogbert Silver Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]