Renaissance Vinoy St. Petersburg

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by AnthroFlyer, Feb 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AnthroFlyer
    Original Member

AnthroFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    This place is billed as the best in the Tampa Bay area and some claim its one of the best Marriott resort properties but I strongly disagree. Recently stayed here as Marriott Gold and received minor upgrade to a room facing the water. There is no breakfast for gold here, maybe for platinum. The historic building is stunning and worth a stay if you're into historic hotels but the major problem here is with the staff. Where to begin? Upon arrival went to get a glass and both of them were filthy with visible stains on them. Called FD and two new glasses were brought but they left the old ones. The next day the room wasnt cleaned. Finally at 4 I called and they came by but didnt leave any toiletries. Had to call again. The real kicker though is the meal that I tripped over coming back at night. Room service had left a meal sitting right outside the door even though I never called them and ordered one. Since it was so late I left it there and it was still there in the morning. I moved it to a table by the elevator. Later when I checked out there was a very large room service bill. I spoke with the FD and the clerk smugly presented a receipt for the last nights meal that also included an expensive bottle of wine (that was not on the mystery tray outside my door). The receipt had my name on it but it was not signed. FD agreed to remove charges but did not apologize and had an attitude suggesting that I had in fact ordered the meal. Upon reflection, I think it was a fake order put in by the staff so they could get a bottle of wine at the end of their shift.

2. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Vinoy is a resort, breakfast is not included at any resort, unless the property chooses to do so. i have found that rarely.

3. carpe diem
    Original Member

carpe diem Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you notice it went from a category 6 to a category 5 hotel in the latest category changes put out by Marriott?