Renaissance Newark Airport-Review

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Pizzaman, Oct 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I had a 2-night stay at the Renaissance Newark in early 2012. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a Renaissance, so I don't have much to compare it to in regards to brand standards. I've had some infrequent Marriott stays over the past couple of years, and I'd say the room quality here was at the top end of the spectrum of Marriotts I've stayed in, which isn't saying much as I haven't done any Marquis or similar higher end Marriotts.

The room itself was nicely appointed. Decent linens on the bed with a good amount of firm pillows.

[​IMG]

The desk chair was very comfortable, and the extra outlets conveniently located were a plus. Kudos to properties who are moving to 4 outlets in the work area.

[​IMG]

The bathroom was clean and in good condition. I didn't love the Aveda bath amenities, but I'm sure most normal people would like the scent.

[​IMG]

This property moved from a Category 4 to a Category 5 in the Marriott Rewards program in 2013, so it's now 25,000 points a night. I don't find the Marriott loyalty program very rewarding, so I wouldn't normally find myself at this property except for the fact that it was the location of the 2012 Freddie Awards. 25,000 points strikes me as a lot for a redemption at this property. However, if I had a Newark airport stay coming up, I'd definitely consider the Renaissance again.

Neither SPG or Hyatt have an airport property. So, given a choice for a stay that doesn't help me achieve status, this would be my first choice.

Kalboz, Newscience, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  2. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed in at the hotel twice right after it finished the renovation and this January. The highlight of the hotel for me is the lounge were you will have a great view of the airport. Otherwise this year the shuttle took forever to arrive and I had to call the hotel twice.

PICTURES OF THE HOTEL

Kalboz and Newscience like this.
  3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    The shuttle issue doesn't surprise me though I didn't end up taking the shuttle. The hotel is on the opposite side of multiple highway interchanges, so not the easiest to get to.

Kalboz and Newscience like this.
  4. cfischer
    Original Member

cfischer Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's a great hotel. I have stayed there a few times and after the renovation it top notch. I like the lounge as well and the shuttle IMO is very efficient!