Renaissance MUC gone?

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by SVJ, Apr 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SVJ
    Original Member

SVJ Silver Member

Status Points:
    Went to book for later this year and it appears that this hotel is gone and a new Courtyard opening in a different location...... Yes, certainly was in need of refurb etc but still one i used frequently. Another of my favourites gone along with Bangkok Resort and Chancery Court...

Anyone have confirmation?

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe the property will close on 9/30. There is no confirmation if the property will operate as a different hotel or shutdown completely. You may need to call because they did allow bookings post 9/30.

Horse likes this.
  3. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's sad as this hotel treated plats very well. I booked three rooms on pointsavers and had all three upgraded to rather large suites. But the rooms were a bit dated so it would not surprised me if this property rebranded under something else.

Counsellor likes this.
  4. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was there last weekend and inquired.

There wasn't much hard news, except that, indeed, Marriott (Renaissance) and the property are severing ties effective in September. The staff aren't sure whether the property will move to a different chain (it used to be Ramada, you know) or whether it will turn into something else (e.g., private hotel).

I sort of wondered who initiated the "divorce" but couldn't figure out a polite way to ask.

Like Mackieman and SVJ I really like the place, nice location, great breakfasts, and an absolutely outstanding staff. They had done some minor repairs recently (repainted and some remodling, new carpets, fixed the elevator door), and it was quite presentable, but, as others have mentioned, the lack of air conditioning was a negative. I wonder whether Renaissance felt that omission adversely affected the public perception of the "brand".

5. SVJ
    Original Member

SVJ Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the feedback. Also will miss the breakfasts and suite upgrades.
    Now appears that 3 of the 4 Marriot properties in Munich will close.( Airport, Renaissance, Courtyard City centre).
    New Courtyard not taking reservations yet and is not near to the Airport bus route like the Renaissance.etc

6. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, the Munich Marriott, just down the street from the Renaissaance, will still be near the Airport bus stop (about two long blocks from the stop).