Renaissance in West Harrison / White Plains NY

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by dhammer53, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We stayed at The Renaissance in White Plains NY last night. I had a free cat 4 night cert that I had to use, for spending $500 per month for 3 months on their credit card.

Located about 10 minutes from HPN, and 10 minutes from downtown White Plains. They do have a hotel car available. Not sure if it's for the airport or just to shuttle you downtown and the office parks on the Miracle Mile along I-287.

This property is located in the woods. Very nice when it's snow covered. Must be nice in the summer.

The hotel was just about empty on Saturday night.

Checked in to 521 as a silver. This is the club floor. Closed on Sunday morning, and no breakfast certs given when I asked. Nice room. I hate when the sink/vanity is placed against the wall on an angle. It's hard enough to shave without knowing where to look. The water pressure in the shower is low. Think salesman motel along your favorite interstate. [​IMG]

Aveda products in the bathroom. A big thumbs up. Coffee/tea in the room. Nothing available in the lobby except an honor coffee area in the gift shop area.

Wifi is $12.95 for silver. Free for members with higher status.

Nice pool and jacuzzi area. Workout area seemed ok, not that I would know. [​IMG]

There is a restaurant and bar on premises. If you have a car, drive the 10 minutes to Rye or White Plains. Plenty of restaurants and bars. Some shopping in Rye. Lots of shopping downtown White Plains.

Website here http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/hpnsh-renaissance-westchester-hotel/

SC Flier likes this.
  2. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Returning to this property in March. The location is 'in the woods'. Whether there is snow or grass on the ground, this property is in a pretty setting.

SC Flier and viguera like this.
  3. SkiAdcock
    Original Member

SkiAdcock Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the update!

BTW - If a property gives brekkie certs when the lounge is closed, it's usually just to Golds or Plats.

dhammer53 likes this.